We will be volunteering for WorldFest at their annual LA Earth Day festival held at Woodley Park in Lake Balboa.
The combination of great live music, empowering speakers, environmental, humanitarian and animal welfare non-profits, kid's activities and a delicious food court make for an earth-friendly experience that is sure to be inspiring and enjoyable for all. Over a couple thousand people attend each year and the event is 100% volunteer powered benefiting Towards Freedom, a non-profit organization. Towards Freedom's purpose is to provide people with education and inspiration to live with compassion in all areas of their lives.
What we'll be doing
One Brick will be aiding various coordinators on the day of the festival in maintaining a smooth and effortless workflow. Our shift is 10am-2pm.
Assignments range from:
- Greeters and survey-takers: Assist Admissions in welcoming festival goers as well as answer any questions they may have
- Volunteer Post: Ensure all the coordinators are well staffed and volunteer tent is clean and organized. Also helps check in other volunteers throughout the day
- Parking Detail: Volunteers will keep the flow of the parking lot nice and smooth
What you should know
- No leathers or furs please
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as there will be walking.
- Volunteers will receive a WorldFest t-shirt!
- Bring sunblock, hat, water bottle
- Minimal snacks and drinks are provided for volunteers. You're welcome to bring your own or purchase from the scrumptious vegan food court
- Parking: Volunteers can park in a dirt lot across the street from the festival entrance. After 10am, parking will be $5. You can also find free street parking around the venue. You are encouraged to carpool or take public transportation
- Please lock purse or other valuables in your car. We do not have a safe place for them and will not accept responsibility for personal property
- After our shift, we will have free admission to hang out at WorldFest or go out for a bite/drink and to mingle!
Where to meet
Entrance of the Festival for volunteer check-in at 9:15am
WorldFest is located at the Northern end of Woodley Park. Detailed directions can be found here:
For more information about WorldFest: http://worldfestevents.com/index.php